All Saints

Rothbury,

Northumberland

Sunday, 17th April 1993

A Quarter Peal of

 Grandsire Triples

1260 Changes 

 

  Tenor 

Dave Barraclough
  1
Ros Markham
  2
Anne Hunter
  3
Ron Hanson   4
Clive Moon
  5
John Markham
  6
Mark Philipson
 (c) 7
Ken Quick
  8

Conducted by: M Philipson


Picture: Ringers at Rothbury Centenary, 1993Rothbury centenary

April 17th saw the centenary of the bells at All Saints, Rothbury, Northumberland. The bells were generously donated by Miss Mary Dawson of Ripon in memory of her brother who lived locally. Whitechapel Foundry supplied the bells and fittings and they remain largely unchanged, except for the installation of ball bearings in 1939. It is interesting to note that the original cost of the ring was £557 13s. 6d.
To celebrate the centenary, local ringers rang two quarter peals on April 17th prior to concluding the day’s celebrations with our annual Mary Dawson Dinner. A good time was had by all.



RW4284:0541

 Back to Other Quarters Index

 Go back to Homepage